Friday, March 03, 2006

 
Rafael Liebich


Rafael has returned from his journey to Los Angeles and Montreal. As we asked friends to pray for him, we thought it would be good to let him tell the story in his own words.

Well... I am back!

It was a really intense month, with all the trips, tests, auditions, meeting places, people... It was a great experience. I thank God for everyone praying for me. Your prayers made a real difference during this time.

As to the results of my auditions, I was accepted for the Doctoral Program at the
University of Southern California. I had a good audition there. But I am still not sure if I will receive financial aid. I have good chances to receive it, but I will be compared to many other candidates. I also might need to retake one of my English tests. Please, I would appreciate it if you continued praying about all that.

I have had a wonderful time in Los Angeles. The Music School is a very fine school, and the colleagues, the teachers, they are all really nice people. I have had the chance to know Grace Community Church, and the Youth Ministry and the Bible Study Group at USC. It is a fantastic place. I was really happy there! And it's a long time I don't wish something so intensively as I'm now, for being again in LA in the near future. I am longing for it...

And as to Montreal, I was not accepted for the Doctoral Program there, at the University of Montreal, although I also had a good audition. They will accept me for the Masters Program, as an attempt to make things easier for me to try finding
financial aid. But scholarships or such things are more complicated there in Montreal. The city is amazing, and it has a wonderful atmosphere, regarding arts and culture in general, as it shows many European traits as well. But finding churches there is more complicated. And it's too cold! But fun... Anyway... It's still an option.

Thank you for each one praying for me. And I will appreciate if you still join me in my prayers. Los Angeles would be a fantastic opportunity for me. I am conscious that God is sovereign, and I have also learned and experienced a lot about it during this trip. I am sure He sees things I can't. And so, may He determine the path for my life. But I can't deny my feelings and not expressing the actual wishes of my heart. I should receive an answer about the financial aid from USC in LA around March 10th. Without it, it will be impossible for me to be back there. Please keep praying.

I will keep in touch and I will let you all know what happens. Thank you for all your support. And may God be glorified for all I have experienced and learned so far, independently of the forthcoming results.

Yours, sincerely,

In Christ and in His Grace,

Rafael.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?