Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Tomorrow is Republic day - a Public Holiday throughout Brazil. The school next door took a moment this morning to sing the national anthem. The flags are of Santa Catarina, Brazil and Colégio Energia respectively. I guess a British school wouldn't dream of doing something like this, and a US school would have the kids much more smartly to attention and not taking the mick!



Leo, a student who lives just a couple of blocks from us, car-shares with me for my two evenings each week at IBE. One of the plusses is that I can take pictures while driving, which is often a desire, because we go at sunset time. The above picture is a view back to the houses of the Prainha, above the tunnels. And below, the bridge.



Comments:
I have tried for two years now to have my camera ready as we come and go from the airport....trying to snap the houses above the tunnel. How delightful to see that you have done it for me - and so well!!

Bill Rogers - Florence, AL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?